LARRY KAUFMAN AND Y. AUSTIN CHANG-PANDAT SCHOLARSHIPS
CALPHAD, Inc. will offer up to ten Larry Kaufman Scholarships to students who will give presentations at the CALPHAD meeting. Additionnally, we are pleased to announce that CompuTherm will offer two Y. Austin Chang-Pandat Scholarships. Both scholarships will cover the registration fee for the CALPHAD meeting and accommodation (in double room). In order to apply, the following documents in PDF format must be submitted by February 15th 2018 by e-mail at email@example.com
. Subject line should be: Kaufman and Chang-PANDAT Scholarships
GRANTS FROM THE FOUNDATION FOR APPLIED THERMODYNAMICS
- A contributed abstract to the CALPHAD meeting (note that it should also be submitted following the abstract submission procedure.
- An application letter explaining their motivation (one page maximum).
- A brief biographical note (one page maximum).
- A support letter from the thesis advisor (one page maximum).
(Stiftelsen för Tillämpad Termodynamik, STT)
The Foundation will act for its main purpose by granting scholarships and other grants to individual researchers; mainly researchers or research students working with modelling, development or applications of thermodynamic calculations within the fields of materials, energy, physics or chemistry. Purposes, which benefit these fields within KTH, should be given priority. Grants will especially be given for carrying out research projects, taking part in conferences and visits and for financing guest researchers.
The application should not be longer than two pages, clearly indicating:
- Purpose with the application (i.e. what will the grant be used for)
- Tentative budget including travel cost, accommodation and conference fees
- Bank details (Name and address of the receiver, BIC (Bank Identifier Code) and IBAN (International Bank Account Number))
- CV or résumé (maximum two pages), clearly indicating affiliation and present position of the applicant (and name of supervisor if applicable).
The grant shall be spent within the period April 1st 2018 - March 31th 2019, and a written report shall be submitted to the Foundation.
Dead line: no later than February 15th 2018
Applications can only be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
CALPHAD XLVII PARTIAL CORPORATE SCHOLARSHIP
Through the generous support of the many corporate sponsors, we are happy to provide a limited number of (as resources permit) partial scholarship for students and junior scientists to cover part of the registration costs. The scholarship will be of $150 USD
and will go towards the registration for the conference). In order to apply, the following documents in PDF format
must be submitted by February 15th 2018
by e-mail at email@example.com
. Subject line should be: Corporate Scholarship
The following Corporate Sponsors are acknowledged:
- An application letter (in English) explaining the student motivation (one page maximum).
- A support letter from the thesis advisor or supervisor (one page maximum). Successful applicants to the Corporate Scholarship will be authorized to register and pay the early registration fee even after the early registration deadline has passed but before the absolute last day for registration. Note that if a student is granted any other scholarship to attend the conference, he/she should withdraw from consideration for this scholarship.
Thermo Cal Software, Pandat, FactSage, Hermefact, Horiba, SGTE, Micres, GTT, GBC, MatCal, Thermo Fisher.